GAFE Illinois Summit
Design Spaces for Learning: Exploring Physical and Virtual Learning Areas with Chris Johnson and Christian Long
Developing the Design Mind: An Introduction to Design Thinking w/Christian Long and Laura Deisley
IDEA EXCHANGE: BYO and One-to-One Panel (moderator)
Leaders and Learning Spaces (Workshop)
Learning at the Speed of Technology (workshop)
Life on the Screen (Workshop)
Life on the Screen (Presentation)
What If The Story Changed? (K12 Online Conference)
What If? (Educon Workshop)
What If? (Presentation)
Beyond the Web 2 Hype: Focusing On What Really Matters
Panel Discussion Questions
1. Are there new literacies that connective technologies create? ..or do these tools afford the attainment of a literacy in a different way?
2. Discuss this comment via a David Warlick tweet: Paul Houston: "People want schools to be better, but not different." Do you believe this to be true? How exactly does Web 2.0 make schools better?
3. Identify the two most significant barriers to using connective technologies in schools, and suggest a strategy/strategies for overcoming them.
4. What excites you the most about connective technologies?
5. In your opinion, what is the best strategy for systemically applying connective technologies to the learning landscape? For an organization to be ready to take advantage of connective technologies, what characteristics must it exhibit? What must an organization do to sustain their application of these technologies?
6. Many educators focus on Web 2.0 tools. Interpret this quote from Marshall McLuhan "We shape our tools, and afterwards our tools shape us."
Rapid Fire Questions