Design Spaces for Learning: Exploring Physical and Virtual Learning Areas with Chris Johnson and Christian Long
Developing the Design Mind: An Introduction to Design Thinking w/Christian Long and Laura Deisley
IDEA EXCHANGE: BYO and One-to-One Panel (moderator)
Leaders and Learning Spaces (Workshop)
Learning at the Speed of Technology (workshop)
Life on the Screen (Workshop)
Life on the Screen (Presentation)Re-imagining the Spaces in Which We Learn
What If The Story Changed? (K12 Online Conference)
What If? (Educon Workshop)
What If? (Presentation)
Understanding and Developing Social Media Guidelines for Schools | ISTE Workshop
- What is social media?
- Why should you use it? Should you use it? What are the affordances specifically relating to learning? Is that important?
- Who will develop guidelines?
- What do guidelines look like?
- Social means social, or does it? | Who is in charge? Who contributes, comments, monitors, how, and when? How is this use communicated with stakeholders? What happens when things get said that you don't like? Who can and should you engage with? Do you have a transparent public statement that communicates your perspectives?
- The domains of social media use: personal, individual and school related, clubs/activities/athletics and school and district use.
- Will you help students develop an academic footprint online? Are you responsible for teaching...social media?
The CMO's Guide to Social Media | CMO.com
Center for Social Media | Making media matter
Social Media: Understanding the Conversations Below the Surface | presentation at Slideshare.net, introducing the fundamentals of social media.
Updating and Upgrading our Schools Media and Publishing Release | Sylvia Tolisano
Making the Case for Social Media in Schools | Mashable
Measuring the Impact of Social Media efforts | Chris Adams
The Anatomy of a Social Media Policy | Social Media Explorer
Social Media Policy for Schools | presentation at Slideshare.net from Oxiem
Social Media Infographics
Social Conversation | Avi Joseph, a great source of interesting infographics
How Social Media is Changing the Education Industry | Penn Olson
Are We Too Obsessed with Facebook? | Mashable.ca
The Winners & Losers of Social Networking | Mashable
65 Terrific Social Media Infographics | Social Media Today
Is Social Media Ruining Students | Online Education
Online Database of Social Media Policy | policies from a wide ranging of organizations, from the American Red Cross, to the Ford Motor Company, to the Mayo Clinic.
15 University Social Media Policies | Amanda Vandervort
More Guidelines of Organizations | Social Media Toolkit
U.S. Army Social Media Handbook 2011 | MediaSnackers
Social Media Guidelines for Schools (podcast) | Wes Fryer
The Real Life Social Network | Teachers friending students? OK, but go through this slidedeck, from Paul Adams
Social Mobile Learning: Cell Phones and Mobile Device Resources
Leadership for Mobile Learning | Lucy Gray
Mobile Learning: 21st Century Tools for 21st Century Schools | ISTE Mobile Learning SIG
Teens and Mobile Phones | PEW Internet
Generations and Their Gadgets | PEW Internet
Educause Mobile Computing 5 Day Sprint | Educause
The State of the Mobile App World | infographic from ShoutEm
Top 50 mLearning Resources | presentation at Slideshare.net from Upside Learning
Speak Up 2010 | Project Tomorrow, data on how students are using emerging technologies
Mobile Learning at a Tipping Point | eSchoolNews
Social Media Resources
Confronting the Challenges of Participatory Culture | Henry Jenkins
KZERO Virtual Worlds | data on the explosion of social media virtual worlds
Social Media and Young Adults | PEW Internet
Speak Up | Project Tomorrow